When to Consider Braces
The orthodontic practice of Dr. Nick Savastano specializes in treating children, teens, and adults. We are a state-of-the-art orthodontic practice that is family-friendly and serves Palm Beach Gardens as well as all surrounding communities. The Smile Store staff and Dr. Nick Savastano share a common commitment to providing the highest quality orthodontic services in a friendly, caring, and professional atmosphere. We place great emphasis on the quality of our treatment. Our goal is to provide service to everyone with financial flexibility. Our highest priority is to respond to the needs and wants of our patients. We are grateful that you have visited The Smile Store’s website. The Smile Store orthodontic practice is dedicated to creating confident smiles in Palm Beach County. When to Consider Braces
Early Orthodontic Treatment For The Best Smile Outcomes
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children see an orthodontist at the age of seven years old. If a problem is found by parents or family dentists, it should be done sooner. It is easier to fix many orthodontic problems if they are treated before the growth has finished. Preventive treatment can help to avoid the need for surgery, extractions, or other major corrections later in life. Because of the complexity of orthodontics, not all children are eligible for early treatment. The best treatment plan can only be established after a thorough examination of your child.
OPTIMAL TIME FOR SCREENING
The first adult molars, which establish the back bite, begin to emerge at 7 years old. An orthodontist can assess the relationship between front-to-back and side-to-side teeth during this period. Erupting incisors, for example, can signify an overbite, open bite, or crowding. A great smile is possible when you screen your teeth promptly.
BENEFITS OF EARLY ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT
Early diagnosis and treatment can lead to many positive results.
* Enhancing facial symmetry by influencing positive jaw development
* Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth
* Reduce trauma risk from protruding front teeth
* Correcting harmful oral habits
* Preserving space to accommodate unruptured teeth
* Reduced need to remove teeth
* Reducing the time it takes to get orthodontic care
* Improve self-esteem, image, and speech.
Treatment for Teens and Children
Don’t worry! Braces don’t have to be scary. Braces are now available in many styles, colors, and materials. This makes braces easier to use, more comfortable, as well as more fashionable than ever before.
How long do I have to wear the braces?
Three key factors influence how long it takes to fix your smile with braces:
- Early treatment | Orthodontists can monitor the growth of the jaws and recommend additional orthodontic treatment if necessary. Some patients may not be able to have treatment as early as possible. In some cases, it might be better for them to wait until they are older.
- What is needed? The length of the treatment required to fix a problem will affect how long it takes. Patients react differently to treatments. One patient may need to have their treatment completed in 12 months, while another patient may require 24 months. The time it takes to get the smile you want can vary depending on how fast your body reacts.
- YOU! The length of your treatment depends on how willing you are to use the appliances that your orthodontist has given you. Your treatment will be shorter if you take good care of your appliances and braces.
If you have any questions about when to consider braces for your kids or young ones call The Smile Store today. 561-658-4100
Get in Touch with The Smile Store
Please complete the form below to email a top orthodontist in Palm Beach Gardens for any questions you may have, or select one of the other contact options available on this page.