Orthodontic Treatment For Children
We all want to be able to give our children the best start possible. Healthy teeth are a key part of that. At The Smile Store, we are passionate about providing a perfect smile for all of our patients. While regular check-ups with the family dentist should be a routine for your child, many parents never think of taking their child to an orthodontist. You may be interested in knowing that the American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children see an orthodontist at seven years of age. If you are looking for Orthodontic Treatment For Children then you have arrived at the right place, get into contact with The Smile Store today!
Most children have a mixture of adult and baby teeth by the age of seven. This allows us to evaluate your child’s smile and identify potential problems.
A consultation with an orthodontist early on allows us to:
- To help your permanent teeth grow straighter, correct and guide the jaw growth of your child.
- Adjust the width of your upper and lower arches
- Make it easier to brush your crowded teeth
- Avoid the need to have permanent tooth extractions in the future
- Correct thumb sucking which will improve minor speech problems
What should you look for?
Parents should also be alert for signs and behaviors that may indicate orthodontic problems in their children. Being aware of common traits could help you save money and your child will have a better life in the long run.
These are signs that you may have an orthodontic problem
- Baby teeth can be lost early or later
- It is difficult to chew or bite food
- Breathing in the mouth
- Sucking fingers or thumb
- Misplaced, crowded, or blocked teeth
- Jaws that make noises or pop when they open and close.
- Teeth that are not normally or abnormally arranged together
- Jaws and teeth are not proportionate
- Around age seven or eight, you may have crowding in your front teeth
Contact The Smile Store to learn more about the various orthodontic treatments that may be beneficial for your child. 1.877.SMILE.4.U
Phase 1 treatment
Some children may benefit from Phase One, or “early”, treatment before the onset of their full set of permanent teeth. This type of treatment is well-known and The Smile Store can advise you on whether your child might benefit.
These are some examples of problems that would benefit from Phase One treatment:
- Habits (finger sucking or thumb sucking).
- Severe overbite
- Cross-bite between anterior (front) and posterior (back teeth)
- Crowding of teeth
For an orthodontic evaluation, please contact our office. Your child’s future smile will be brighter if they get treatment early.
We specialize in treating complex orthodontic cases. Our team at The Smile Store is known for its ability to treat complex orthodontic issues in a compassionate manner. Our patients achieve amazing results at the most affordable prices
We are a Candid Clear Aligners Provider
The Smile Store is a Candid Provider, which allows us to pass greater discounts to our patients. The Smile Store has extensive experience with this innovative orthodontic appliance.
We use the most recent orthodontic technology
Orthodontics is always evolving. New materials and techniques are constantly being developed to provide better and more affordable orthodontic care. The Smile Store and its staff are committed to keeping abreast with the latest research in orthodontics. They regularly take courses to improve their orthodontic training and further their education.
Orthodontic Treatment For Children
Please complete the form below to email a top orthodontist in Palm Beach Gardens for any questions you may have, or select one of the other contact options available on this page.