Invisalign vs Candid Clear Aligners
Active kids, teens and busy adults alike have grown to love clear teeth aligners for many reasons, including the comfort, convenience and faster treatment they offer compared to traditional braces. While Invisalign is the most well-known clear aligner product in the world, other clear aligner products are available that offer patients even more advanced features and benefits. That’s why we are proud to offer Candid clear aligner products for our patients.
The Candid clear braces difference
While both Invisalign and Candid offer similar results, Candid offers patients a more affordable, convenient “at-home” treatment option for teeth straightening.
With Candid and The Smile Store, you get the best of both worlds. We help you get started on your treatment journey by taking a highly detailed 3D scan and x-rays of your teeth and jaws in our office. Then our board-certified orthodontist will design your personal treatment plan.
Unlike other clear aligner treatment programs that require regular in-person visits during your treatment, Candid offers a remote monitoring program, called CandidMonitoring™, which lets you skip regular office visits and check in on your progress from home. Simply scan your teeth using the CandidScan box and submit the scans from your smartphone every two weeks. Your Candid orthodontist takes it from there.
Which clear aligner treatment is right for me?
While Candid and Invisalign both offer more comfortable, reliable, and “invisible” treatment than traditional braces, they also differ in a number of ways, including price, treatment options, and more. Let’s break it down:
- Types of cases covered: Candid aligners can treat most mild to severe cases of gapped, crooked or crowded teeth, but is not recommended for more severe cases, like overbites, underbites, or crossbites. This is why the initial consultation and digital scan are so important. Our professional Smile Store team can evaluate your needs and recommend the best treatment plan for you.
- Cost: Candid aligner treatment costs average about $3,000 to $4,000, compared to average costs of $5,000 to $8,000 for Invisalign.
- Treatment time: Candid and Candid Teen treatment generally last 4 to 12 months, while most Invisalign treatments last from 12 to 18 months. 3-Month Candid only takes up to three months to correct minor issues.
- Monitoring: After your initial consultation, all Candid treatment is monitored remotely through your smartphone and the CandidApp. You take and submit scans whenever it is most convenient for you every other week, then your Candid orthodontist lets you know when it’s time to move on to the next set of aligners. With Invisalign, you have to visit your orthodontist in person every six to eight weeks to track your progress and make any adjustments.
- Lifestyle: If you qualify for both Candid and Invisalign, your choice may depend on your lifestyle. If you want flexible, affordable, convenient “at-home” treatment and remote monitoring while still being under the care of an actual orthodontist, Candid is the ideal choice.
Learn more about clear aligners
Clear aligners are a great choice to help you get the healthy, straight smile you’ve always wanted. Candid aligners offer tremendous features and treatment options at a budget-friendly price. At The Smile Store, we have the knowledge and experience to help you determine which treatment path is right for you. Contact us today – we look forward to helping you get started on your journey to a beautiful smile.
Get in Touch with The Smile Store
Please complete the form below to email a top orthodontist in Palm Beach Gardens for any questions you may have, or select one of the other contact options available from this page.
CALL NOW TO SPEAK WITH THE SMILE STORE
Share this Post