Braces vs Clear Aligners
You may be confused when you start your orthodontic treatment. We help our patients find the best treatment for them. It is important to think about your lifestyle when deciding between Candid Clear Aligners or traditional braces. Although braces and Candid Clear aligners do the exact same thing, there are significant differences and pros and cons to each. If you are wondering whether to pick Braces vs Clear Aligners the experts here at The Smile Store can help you come to the best decision for your smile!
Candid Clear Aligners
Candid Clear Aligners are an alternative treatment with many unique benefits. This aligner straightens teeth without any brackets or wires. They are transparent, custom-made plastic aligners that move teeth. There are also some drawbacks. These are the pros and disadvantages of Candid Clear Aligners.
- You can move your teeth more effectively for a healthier smile.
- Aligners are invisible, so they are almost unnoticeable.
- There are no uncomfortable straightening sessions to endure.
- You are free to eat any food you want.
- It is easy to clean your teeth because the aligners can be removed before you brush/floss.
- Aligners are non-irritating and smooth, so they are gentler on the gums.
- Remote monitoring and adjustment of Candid Clear Aligners is possible.
- Candid Clear Aligners are generally more costly than braces.
- Candid Clear Aligners are not for everyone.
- You must be more careful to ensure that they are on after you clean up.
Braces made of metal still have their own unique benefits. Braces are made from metal bands or brackets made of clear ceramic or stainless steel. The brackets are also attached to the teeth by a wire running through them. Here are some important facts about metal braces.
- They are very efficient at moving your teeth to achieve a straighter smile.
- Permanently bonded.
- Patients can use metal braces to treat almost any type of orthodontic condition.
- Braces made of traditional metal are inexpensive, which makes them an affordable option for orthodontic care.
- They are not possible to remove.
- Due to plaque and food buildup, extra care is needed when flossing.
- Your orthodontist must adjust your braces regularly. This can cause discomfort.
- You must avoid certain foods such as sticky, hard, or gooey foods.
- Poking wires or rubbing brackets can cause sores on the inside of your cheeks.
- Sometimes, the metal wires and brackets can be more obvious than others.
Need help deciding?
Book a consultation with us! Both Candid Clear Aligners, as well as metal braces, offer great benefits. Each patient’s needs will be different. Contact us today to find out more about Candid Clear Aligners versus braces. We’re happy to address any concerns or questions you may have. We look forward to helping you achieve a beautiful smile, no matter if braces or candid clear aligners are best for you.
Braces vs Clear Aligners
Please complete the form below to email a top orthodontist in Palm Beach Gardens for any questions you may have, or select one of the other contact options available on this page.